Thursday, January 26, 2006

Better Late Than Never

Yesterday, my sister-in-law and fellow Aquarian, Amanda, celebrated her 27th bithday. While I thought about it several times throughout the day's course, I completely forgot to call or email her with my birthday wishes. (Is forgetfulness an Aquarian quality?) So, In the spirit of my life's extreme lack of timeliness, I am saying it now:

HAPPY 27th BIRTHDAY AMANDA!!!



Now I think I remember Amada telling me she had a drunken experience that recently turned her off to one of her once favorite foods, Quinoa. But, on the off chance that I made that memory up - Here is my birthday present to you, just the way you like it - no garlic, no onions, Sistuh:

Apricot Quinoa


2 cups cooked quinoa

10 dried apricots, chopped

1/4 cup toasted, slivered almonds

2 scallions, (green parts only) chopped

2 handfuls fresh mint leaves, chopped

2 handfuls fresh cilantro, chopped

juice of 1/2 lemon

2 tablespoons olive oil

salt and pepper to taste


Stir it all together and enjoy room temperature. It's very scrumptious!

No comments: