Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Newsworthy

So, yesterday Apple launched it's new computers using Intel chips. The new technology is aimed to bridge the gap between Mac and PC users, and potentially corner the microsoft market. Apple stock prices are flying, meanwhile I can't seem to look past the fact that my new iMac, purchased less than 30 days ago, is now for sale on the Mac site for the same price, with the words 2x faster flashing next to it, thanks to those tiny little intel chips.

I wait three years between computer purchases, and within one month, I'm already in possesion of dated technology. Go figure . . .


***
Meanwhile, I'm a bit pooped from my first full-time work week in a while. Brad and I have been slavin' in the kitchen all night over some Lamb and Bean Stew and some homemade grilled Pitas (Brad's task) for a dinner party with friends tomorrow night. The recipe is from my new subscription to Gourmet magazine, gifted by my mother-in-law for Christmas. I'll let you know how the food goes over, and I'll pass the recipe on soon if it's worth sharing. I have a feeling in my belly it will be!

No comments: