Monday, October 10, 2005

My Old Self Again

Ahhhh . . . the swelling has subsided, the soreness lessening by the day and I am no longer on the couch. It is day 7 and finally, I see Heather in the mirror again. Tomorrow, the stitches be gone and the whole hideous wisdom teeth experience will end (I hope).

In case you don't remember what I REALLY look like, here is a photo to wipe those nasty swollen images of me from your mind:




But really, let's not talk about that anymore.


There are some benefits to being couch-ridden for nearly a week. I was able to catch up and spend time on many activities that are most often brsushed aside, such as:

  • Magazines I subscribe to - read them all.
  • Scrabble - such a great leisurely game.
  • Dr. Mario - good to tune up those skills.
  • Books - I have been reading Sometimes a Great Notion for longer than I care to mention. While I didn't finish it this week, I made a good dent.
  • Computer cleaning - that's right, cleared off the desktop and backed up the old hard drive.
  • Movies - not that this is something I needed to dedicate more time to, but I watched some goodies.
And last but certainly not least (for it was more than a year overdue)
  • Website update and redesign! That's right, I updated my portfolio samples and freshened up the look a bit. You can check it out here. Of course there are still grander updates in sight, and a few details to add on this round. But it's done, it's live and most importantly it's current.

Did I mention the other benefit to being laid up? Brad cooked, cleaned and took care of me ALL week. It was nice. And speaking of Brad cooking, last night I was finally up for a joint effort in the kitchen and we enjoyed this goody from the latest Everyday Food Mag - Arugula Salad with Roasted Sweet Potatos and Mushrooms. Yummmy! I didn't quite eat it, just swallowed it in small pieces, but it was the nearest to a real meal I have eaten in a week, and delidious non the less. Try it some time!

No comments: