Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Excuses, Excuses . . .

Has it really been this long since my last post? Bad Heather.

Here's what I been up to:


Last Friday night I joined my friend Megan, who is the web editor for Cargo magazine, on a press junket in Atlantic City. We were taken there in a limo and as guests of the Borgata Hotel, where we enjoyed dinner, much vodka, The Playmate of the Millenium and our fair share of drunken dancing at the Borgata's club, MIX. I didn't even know I needed such a fix of Jersey trashiness until I got there, it was aweome. The crazy night led to swolen feet and me arriving home (via limo) at 2pm the next day, hungover and short on sleep. Let's just say that married life doesn't often lend itself to many nights like this and I was pretty much wasted for the rest of the weekend.


However, I did rally to see a free performance of The Jaun Macleen Band with Brad at Supreme Trading in Williamsburg saturday night. I will tell you this, if you ever have a chance to see this band live, DO!


Sunday night was a cozy one and Brad and I made a DELICIOUS pizza. The recipe, from the Tyler Florence cookbook, Eat This Book (which we recieved from one of Brad's coworkers for Christmas), was for a pizza topped with goat cheese, a mushroom, proscuitto, rosemary and garlic sauté, spinach and fontina cheese. Oh, and I made the dough this time (yes, we're moving up in the world). It was like eating heaven. . .


So now, I'm working full time again this week, which has got me pretty burnt after such a long, involuntary vacation. But I gotta make the money, right? I'll do my best to make more time for bloggin this week than I did last.

No comments: