Monday, January 30, 2006

Dangerously Warm?

Today is January 30th. In all of my memories, at this point in the year I am usually contemplating scarves vs. facemasks in order to leave my home and brave the cold. But today, according to my widgets its a whopping 54˚F in Brooklyn and I was actually sweating on the morning dog walk with nothing but a sweatshirt and a light jacket on.

Despite my enjoyment of the warm, sunny day outside, I thought I might pass on this times article (which is today's #1 most emailed). The article makes note of the fact that 2005 was the warmest year in over a century and in the interest of the future of this planet where out childern will live after we are gone, that's just not cool.

Problem sadly is not just with our civilization's lack of concern for our lifstyle's effect on out planet - but the Bush adminitstrations's failure to recognize and aid in necessary preventative/protective policy and lifestyle changes. I recommend you read the article and watch the video . . .

No comments: