Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Who I Want To Be When I Grow Up

Brad didn't have any idea the wheels he would start turning in my head when he emailed me this article at work today. Rachel Ray really is cool, and yes a little dorky and even annoying too.

Food TV is one of my favorite recipe and cooking resources. I started using it after a summer sublet at my friend John's apartment with cable, a rare treat to me, during which 30 Minute Meals was at the top of the rotation. Also, Brad and I have adopted one of our favorite meals from a Rachel Ray chilli recipe. (I'll post that real soon)

Anyway, I love me some Martha and I know she's an empress too. But chosing between the two, wouldn't you rather be Rachel Ray? She's a likeable lady with good timing.
I like to think she likes cooking like I do, for enjoyment and for eating! Plus, my brother and his college friends could have a new drinking game.

I don't know if I can max out my magazine subscriptions to get Every Day with Rachel Ray - but I am sure am curious about cooking for my dog.

****

In other food related news: Mark Bittman is a
columnist for the Times and also an author of cookbooks. After work this evening Brad and I stumbled upon (and bought!) his new book, The Best Recipes in the World at The Strand. I am very excited. Judging by the sample recipes in his column and what I've spied in the book so far, there is a lot to look forward to!

Here is another cool article by Mr. Bittman

No comments: