Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Sick of Feeling Soggy

sog·gy (sg, sôg)
adj. sog·gi·er, sog·gi·est

  1. Saturated or sodden with moisture; soaked: soggy clothes.
  2. Lacking spirit; dull: a soggy bit of dialogue.
  3. Humid; sultry: a soggy afternoon in August.

This morning I woke to the sound of NPR news cataloging damages to hurricane victims in Florida. Brad and I ate breakfast while we watch the wind whipping outside our kitchen window. Then, around 9am, I donned the now leaky galoshes and made my way to work on steamy subway trains packed like cattle cars.

Now, here I sit, in a crappy corporate office, sweaty from my commute. Two hours ago I was freezing in my apartment. I am reading about the ever worsening Artic Thaw, checking cloudy, shower-filled 10-day forcasts on the weather channel, sniffling and wondering when it was that this city became so damn wet . . .


This is todays forcast according to weather.com:


Windy. A steady rain this morning, with showers continuing this afternoon. High 54F. Winds NNE at 25 to 35 mph. Rainfall possibly over one inch. Winds could occasionally gust over 50 mph.

50mph???

Last night in the pelting rain and gusting winds that I doubt were over 20mph, the dog walk was not fun. It is sad when even Francine doesn't want to go out, her walks are the highlights of her doggy days.

I am not looking forward to this evening.

*****
1 year ago I took insult when Brad said he gave New York an F for weather.
Today I am at a D and diving.


No comments: