Saturday, February 18, 2006

Pasta Fresca

Today I took my second class at the New School, on how to make fresh pasta. During the class I learned how to make four different types of pasta; ravioli, piccagge (wide rag noodles), gnocchi (di ricotta, not potato) and spaghetti. The pastas were all paired with different sauces and I came home with a great recipe for a roasted tomato sauce as well as ideas for variations on a roasted red pepper pesto that was made during the class.

One thing is for sure, as soon as I have time to take a trip to the Broadway Panhandler to buy a pasta hand crank, I'll be showing Brad what I learned and experimenting with ravioli fillings. Yummy!

Oh, and now I have a reason to start seriously lobbying for that Kitchen Aid mixer to be one of next year's Christmas gifts. With the pasta making attachment of course . . .

No comments: