Sunday, April 02, 2006

An Introduction

Eight days ago, Brad and I moved from our apartment in Williamsburg to our new home on Lincoln Place in Park Slope. One week before that we came in and painted the place from one end to the other for three grueling days - that might be the last time you heard from me. I had planned to blog through the course of the painting, packing, moving and unpacking - but there just wasn't any spare time and for the past week my computer has sat unpluggled in a corner of the new apartment. But I'm up and running now, connected to the internet and all.

That said, welcome!


I know there are some readers of this blog who have been anxious to get a peep of the new apartment. I had actually taken some pictures after the painting to share, but couldn't get to the computer to post them. However, I have since decided that rather than ruin the surprise, I'll wait to share the rooms until we finish them.

You might not be surprised to learn that the first room in our new apartment that we can truly call done is the kitchen - and I love it! Brad chose the color and we put up all sorts of smart hanging rails and racks to keep our many kitchen tools organized. It is a small but highly functional space, and so far it has been a lot of fun to cook in.





There you have it! A taste, and there is plenty more to come, hopefully in the near future.

If anyone ever tells you that moving is easy, they are lying. Don't listen to them. Moving is hard, and exhausting, and in our case seemingly never ending. . .

No comments: