Monday, November 21, 2005

One Crazy Week

I know I said five days and it has been much longer than that. My mother-in-law sent me a "you need to post a new blog" reminder email a few days ago and has probably been sweating it out ever since. But, I'm back now, after one crazy week.

9 days ago, Friday morning Brad and I were scheduled to fly out of Laguardia Airport at 9am for a long weekend in Santa Fe. Unfortunately at about 1pm that afternoon, this is is part of a correspondance that took place between myself and my friend Julia, who I was looking forward to spending time with in SF :

Subject: You won't be suprised by this :)

Date: November 11, 2005 1:24:36 PM EST


Ok, so I should be on a flight to Denver right now, but instead I am at home writing you this email. This morning, Brad and I headed off to the airport at 9:30 for our 9:00am flight that I mistakenly thought was at 11:00am (those itineraries are so jumbly!) So . . . now we don't get up to Santa Fe until midnight tonight - assuming we can get on the 5:30pm flight standby when we go back to the airport:) I am panicking about being able to spend time with friends because I'm booked to teach all day everyday I am there, blah, blah, blah! . . .


Subject: Re: You won't be suprised by this :)

Date: November 11, 2005 1:32:32 PM EST


At least you didn't lock your keys in a running airplane.

Yep, that's right, we missed our plane because at 1am the night before I misread the itinerary that I booked! And that was just the start . . . When we finally arrived in Albuquerque that Friday night at midnight, we picked up our rental car and less than five minutes away from the airport, blew out a tire driving 70 miles an hour in the center lane of Route 25. (We made them bring us a new car!) Over the next three days I spent 14 hours in the dance studio choeographing 2 entire dances onto my old students from Charisma dance studio, Brad's parents came with friends to visit us, Brad worked on a cartoon network job on his laptop in our hotel room during the "spare" time, and I tried to visit with friends. On the fourth day we made a decision that we weren't ready to travel home yet, added an extra day onto the trip, and subjected ourselves to a whole other day (starting at 5am) of flying standy.

Don't get me wrong, it was a fun trip - and we even got a hike in! Of course we had another day or two of jumping right back into life in NYC as soon as we got back, one day late. However, this Mornday morning, things have finally settled back to a sort of calm and I am blogging again. Hoorah!

Here are some photos of myself as the dance director, and my students rehearsing their new pieces:

No comments: